Horizon Lodge is a local body of Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of Oriental Templars, or Order of the Temple of the East. We are located in the Valley of Seattle, Washington.
O.T.O is a hierarchical, fraternal organization. Our mission is to effect and promote the doctrines and practices of the philosophical and religious system known as Thelema, with particular emphasis on cultivating the ideals of individual liberty, self-discipline, self-knowledge, and universal brotherhood. To this end, we conduct sacramental and initiatory rites, offer guidance and instruction to our members, and organize social and educational events.
- We support the liberty of the individual and the cultivation of self-respect, self-knowledge, self-discipline, and self-responsibility.
- We affirm the bonds of fraternity and expect fidelity, frankness, cooperation, mutual aid, and good faith among our members.
- We value hospitality in our community and promote peace, tolerance, truth, and respect to the Order within our temples and precincts.
- We advocate the principles of Scientific Religion and Universal Brotherhood, and oppose tyranny, superstition, and oppression.
- We accept and uphold the Law of Thelema as promulgated in the Book of the Law and the writings of the Prophet of the Aeon, Aleister Crowley.
- We believe that a membership free from unfair discrimination is essential to accomplishing our Mission, and reject doctrines that promote bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance.
The structure of O.T.O., like that of Freemasonry and the ancient mystery schools, is based on a series of initiations, or degrees. In these degrees, O.T.O. seeks to instruct the individual by allegory and symbol in the profound mysteries of existence, and thereby assist an individual to discover his or her own true will. Every man and woman of full age, free, and of good report, has an indefeasible right to the introductory degrees of O.T.O.
Horizon offers a public performance of Liber XV, the Gnostic Mass, which is a celebration of the Principles of Thelema and is the central rite of O.T.O. The Gnostic Mass is held several times a month and is great way to meet others with similar Thelemic interests.